Saturday, February 25, 2012

Wolves & Unicorns Unite

This afternoon, my mother-in-law brought over an early birthday present for Alex-- the infamous Mountain Three Wolf Moon t-shirt.

Photo courtesy of amazon.com
Now, I have to tell you, Alex has been threatening me with this t-shirt for months, maybe even years, I've lost track.  Every time we stop at a gas station, he cruelly taunts me that he is going to go inside and find one.  It is so infamous, that I did not even need to see one to know what he was talking about.  Images of flea markets and truck stops flooded into my mind.  Just thinking about it, made me feel mortified.

Well, apparently, the hipsters found one first.  Typical.  The three wolf t-shirt is now a legend.  Alex said he is pretty sure that if we move to Portland, wearing the t-shirt will instantly get us friends.  They won't even care if we are from California.  The three-wolf t-shirt trumps all!

To convince me of this point, this afternoon he introduced me to the lore of the t-shirt.  Now, I get it.  It's not just a white trash, hippie, or even hipster fashion statement, it's a super power, (and, don't get me wrong, I love hippies and tolerate hipsters).  According to reviews on Amazon, the t-shirt is so powerful that it will get you women at trailer parks and Walmart!  I'm really not sure what my husband is trying to say here... Although, according to the music video review, it's powers also extend to super models!  That's slightly more comforting.




Thanks Alex and cool music video.  NOW, I get it.  And, I also discovered my own secret weapon in all of this research, the Mountain Unicorn Castle Purple T-Shirt!  If before I thought it embarrassing to be in public with the Three Wolf Moon T-shirt, (and, of course, that was before I knew about its powers...), now I'm thinking that the perfect antidote is its unicorn brethren.  Then, Alex and I would truly be the perfect power couple!  Watch out Portland, two new hipsters were born today!

Photo courtesy of amazon.com

No comments: