Tuesday, December 20, 2011

31,128 words...

I just hit 31,128 words, which means that I'm more than half way through my book!  Realistically, I expect my finished product to be somewhere around 60,000 words or 200-240 pages.  The more I write, the more I am becoming fascinated with how writing changes the way that I see the world around me.  

Lately, sitting in crowded rooms has left me quietly observing, listening, thinking of how I would describe the scene and people around me with words.  Reading books and watching movies has left me taking notes about how story tellers cut scenes and purposely leave things out.  Looking at pictures and listening to songs have in turn given me unexpected inspiration, helping me to fill in dead ends and set the tone.  It is funny how ideas surround us if we stop to look and listen.

It's fun to find our passions, I think that I've found one of mine, (regardless of how it works out).

On a less-related note, here are three pictures that I want to share of my December so far:


Reluctant Friends

Modern Solitude

Candy Land!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had no idea you were writing a book! That is awesome!!! I want to buy a copy when you are done and have you sign it :) I cant wait :)

Unknown said...

Haha, thanks, have to get someone to want to publish it first! Regardless, it's fun! Thanks for the support! :)